[Gloucs] Next Meeting - Problem with Bishops Cleeve library

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 22:49:01 GMT 2005

"Mike Whelan" <mikew at metapro.co.uk> wrote:

> Metapro is hoping to get Public Liability Insurance soon and I have emailed
> the insurance companies to see if this event would be covered.  I will keep
> you all posted.
> Hopefully insurance can be sorted oneway or other, have we any one off event
> quotes ?  I wouldn't know where to start to look.

I've done some digging and phoning around.  Today I spoke to someone at
the county council who told me we can buy into their insurance.  We pay
6.5% on top of the standard £12 and get all the cover we need.  This
facility is for groups just like us using county council space.  The
library did not know about it because its normally just used by schools
hiring rooms.  I have yet to see the paperwork or confirm the details
with the library but hopefully it will be fine.  I'll sort this out and
confirm things ASAP.

Before this I asked around on uk.comp.os.linux.  No one had similar
experience despite a general consensus that the libraries stance was
unreasonable.  My posting did, however, generate a lengthy discussion on
insurance cover for people vising forests!

For future reference, I also got information from
<http://www.events-insurance.co.uk/>. They offer cover costing £150 for
15 events per year or £55 for a one off event.

Complex stuff this arranging of meetings....
Paul