[Gloucs] .....And thanks for all the fish

Guy Edwards02 guy.edwards at gloscat.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 10:17:36 BST 2005

Hi all,

I will soon be leaving Gloucestershire so I was wondering.

1) What do people want done with the GLUG cd duplicator machine? It's a
bit old but it works fine and means you don't have to sit at a
workstation feeding CD's in to be burnt, you just stick in some blanks
and come back later.
It's marked up "Gloucestershire Linux User Group" but I fear that if I
leave it here at the college it might get commandeered by another
department and vanish into the ether. It's a bit heavy too, and rather
bulky (slightly bigger than a big pc). Francis? Mick? Glyn etc? Anyone
got space for it?

2) In case anyone's looking for work: With me going there will be
vacancy advertised soon for my previous position at Gloscat college.
Basically it's as a technician rebuilding computers that students rip
apart in practical classes and looking after the Linux/Windows research
network. Basically it's a great position if you already know a bit about
rebuilding computers and want to get some experience as a sys admin on
your own network (about 56 workstations, 8 Linux servers, 2 windows
servers). If you're having problems getting a first Linux position, then
this can get you the experience you need.
The advertisement may read "must know Netware 4" ignore this as I
haven't seen a NetWare server in 3 years.

They're also advertising for a Cisco network manager with the main
network team but there's only one Linux box they use that I know of ;)

Me... I'm off to Oxford Uni. (Engineering Department) to support a
bigger network, to join a team and to look after lots of
Unix/Linux/Windows people. \o/

the system manager

If you have any queries regarding the transmission
of this email please contact Gloscat IT Support on 01242 532040

http://www.gloscat.ac.uk

http://www.star.net.uk