[Gloucs] .....And thanks for all the fish

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Thu Jul 14 13:10:13 BST 2005

Guy Edwards02 wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I will soon be leaving Gloucestershire so I was wondering.
>
>1) What do people want done with the GLUG cd duplicator machine?

I wonder, if you are going to be working in Oxford, whether this could
be adopted by OxLUG? It could then live in the Eng. Dept, for example,
as a resource to both LUGS.

I'm also around at home much of the time (preschool kids and long term
disability put me out of work running me own little PC company and being
a part time academic) though I would love a part time job, it's full
time I can't manage healthwise. It's pretty miserable hanging around
without adult company..)

err as I was saying, I could also offer a home for it here in Charlbury
and it wouldn't be much of a hassle to feed CDs in between cleaning
snotty noses and preparing snacks etc. and we have a proper little post
office here which never gets so busy one hangs about in a line to get
things weighed and packaged up.

Hmmm, wonder if the college would contemplate a pair of people job
sharing. I used to be (well, started some of the first) PC Support
Services in local govt and a large research organisations way back in
the 80s, when you did everything: training, building and repairs,
handholding, the lot. I've an instinctive nose for hardware faults and
have excellent communications skills being a two cultures person who
swapped from being a theatre company director to computing when I got
fed up with poverty! Someone else with stronger sys admin skills in
linux (I've just been a "user" for the last decade, not really dug too
deep into the OS) could partner with me, enabling an overall skill range
that it would be very hard to match in a single individual... but I
suspect the travelling would be a bit much tho from Charlbury, as this
is in Cheltenham?

But I digress... there are two options for the cd duplicator.

Malcolm