[Gloucs] New Member 20/05/2005

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 21:11:53 BST 2005

"M.E.R.C" <Henry at merconline.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi, Paul most of our guys would be up for that 100%, I have not long
> joined  Hereford LUG myself so not much to tell but we have 3 weekly
> meetings, err  that's 1 meeting every 3 weeks,  normally an informal
> chat / pissup. At  least 1 in 2 meetings has a speaker of some sort,
> topics like, Mambo, Distro  Wars, Installation, Networking, Router
> Config.

That sounds very much like our meetings.  An inter-LUG event would be
interesting though no one else has commented yet.  I guess the best
format would be some form of team vs team event.  Something to think
about anyway.

> I have just offered my house as a host site for any one in Hereford
> lug, as  a place to demonstrate network admin, ...so Ill extend that
> offer to glos lug as well if you are  interested...

A generous offer and you have yet to meet any of us yet!  You would
have to get rid of that other OS kit first though ;)

> If any one is going to the LUG radio and has room for 2 more, we would
> be  happy to pay to wards travelling costs let me know :)

As said elsewhere, several others are intending to visit.  Pity the
detour via Ross-On-Wye makes sharing a ride that difficult.  May be
we'll see you there anyway.

Paul