[Gloucs] LugRadio and early experiences of Ubuntu Live CD

Mick Brooks michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 14:02:47 BST 2005

Paul Broadhead wrote:
> Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:
>>Anyone 'lost' their tattoo yet?

Just about - I was beginning to think I'd need a second bath this month
:-)

> It took a scrubbing brush and lots of soap to remove it in the end.  I
> was consoled by the fact that, somewhere (on earth/in space), there was
> a million/billionaire having the same problem! For those that missed the
> event yesterday, this is a reference to Mark Shuttleworth (of Ubuntu
> fame) who did a interesting talk; seamed to be a really nice guy too.
> We were wondering how he made his millions; its all explained on his web
> site <http://www.markshuttleworth.com/bio.html>.

That helped me to get over it, too. I didn't actually know who he was
when he started (didn't do my homework, obviously), but his holiday
snaps alone made the trip worthwhile. Despite some preconceptions about
how I'd feel about a space tourist, I was very impressed - inspired,
even. I hope he used his helicopter to take his girlfriend somewhere nice to
make up for having to stand in a hot room full of geeks most of the day.
( See me swerve to avoid "room full of hot geeks" :-) )

>>Right. Ubuntu.

Dunno about that, and Paul and Iain seem to have sorted you out, but I
did spend some of yesterday playing with the Greasemonkey Firefox
extension. I got as far as confirming that it's very cool, but I haven't
yet found any scripts or ideas I'm desperate to use it for (except for
the script that would allow skipping around both forward *and backward*
in the BBC radioplayer, if the link wasn't broken).

Anybody else using Greasemonkey? Any scripts that I should check out?

--
Mick Brooks
michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk