[Gloucs] LugRadio and early experiences of Ubuntu Live CD

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 19:56:23 BST 2005

Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:

> Seems to be getting better. It progress the repo update alot faster
> but  fails the MD5 on a couple of files from security.ubuntu (IIRC).
> Anyone else tried an Ubunut live CD: It's the bit below (last
> sentance)  that's choking.

Ah! you are using the live cd then.  I skipped over that bit and assumed
you'd gone for a proper install.  I guess that would make it difficult
to do any installing of new packages etc.

> <Quote Paul>
> ...Select preferences, then Add, and then click universe and
> multiverse options. The tool will update your package lists and then a
> load of new packages will be available.
> </Quote Paul>

Well I just tried that having booted from the live cd and it did the
business.

I guess I should check, you do have a working internet connect on this
machine?  I realise that you are trying to get wifi working but I
assumed you had a working wired connection.  If not, then adding extra
package sources (which point to the internet) would not work too well.
Hope that doesn't come across as too condescending, I'm just beginning
to doubt I have understood the full problem.

Regards,
Paul