[Gloucs] SUSE licence

John Kilgour wj.kilgour at btopenworld.com
Tue Mar 15 21:32:14 GMT 2005

> In any case a SuSE 9.2 professional DVD is attached to the current Linux
> Format as a freebie! and the files are available for download on FTP
> servers including source code. The only problem with this is file size. My
> broadband does 3MB per minute and 3 or 4 GB will take 1000 minutes so it
> seems a £6.49 DVD plus additional on line updating may be the way to go.
>
> John Kilgour

I have now bought a copy of Linux Format and installed SuSE 9.2 as an upgrade.
All went smoothly with no problems at all. I HAD backed up /etc:   /home:
and /var/lib as one is supposed to for safety but they were not needed. An
hour's updating with 500K broadband then finished the job.

If anyone wants to borrow the DVD, let me know.

John Kilgour