[Gloucs] Fri 21 Apr Brockworth: Fight! UK LUG Tour: Jono Bacon & Ted Haegar

Andrew Oakley aoakley at messagelabs.com
Mon Apr 3 16:30:56 BST 2006

Please excuse the surprise post by a lurker, but I've been clearing this through MessageLabs internal security and booking the rooms. Anyway:

A special event date for your diary, and a possible future new regular venue, if people like it...

Fight! UK LUG Tour: Jono Bacon & Ted Haegar
http://www.jonobacon.org/uklugtour/

Friday 21st April
Doors open 6pm; speakers 7pm
Free entry, wifi, tea and coffee provided.
Ask for "Linux user group in seminar 1" at reception.

at MessageLabs "Centre of Excellence" Seminar Room 1
Lansdowne Court,
Gloucester Business Park,
Brockworth,
Gloucester GL3 4AB
Map/Directions: http://tinyurl.com/zt7h5 [PDF]

Please note this is NOT a MessageLabs event, it just happens to have been organised by GlosLUG subscribers who happen to be MessageLabs employees and booked the room. We'd like this to be considered a Gloucestershire LUG event. ;-)

Thanks to Barbie for jumping on this opportunity when they had some spare diary time after their Oxford date.

If this is successful, we may be able to offer our main seminar room for future regular Gloucestershire LUG meetings and events. Our seminar room offers a projection XVGA screen, PA system, free wifi, plenty of mains sockets and videoconferencing. There is tea, coffee and posh water on site, plenty of parking (in the evening, anyway) and a pub about 5 mins walk away (not real ales, sorry). This is on the old Gloster Meteor jet airfield, now Gloucester Business Park.

Wifi is indeed free (access point: Shrub), if you require Cat5 cabled network access please ask first before plugging in (otherwise the Men In Black may descend from skyhooks and bundle you into the back of a van).

--
Andrew Oakley - Anti Spam Technical Architect
MessageLabs - aoakley at messagelabs.com - x7044