[Gloucs] Cat amongst the... package mangement solutions

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 22:37:11 GMT 2006

Anthony Edward Cooper wrote:

> Anyone interested in a talk on PXE installing/diskless booting?
> Can't promise when, sometime in the new year...

Sound like a good one to me.  Quick, someone organise a date...

By the way, anyone read the Fedora Core 6 / Ubuntu 6.10 head to head in
this months Linux Format?  Some really nice observations.  To sum up,
Ubuntu (thanks to the wonderful Debian!) wipes the floor with FC6
package management wise, but the roles are reversed for Compiz and Xen
integration.  To my mind the package management is more important.
When Compiz and Zen are ready, I'll just apt-get install them!

Paul