[Gloucs] Cat amongst the... package mangement solutions

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Sun Dec 3 00:47:52 GMT 2006

    Yup ubuntu is getting a lot of interest and rightly so from what I
hear. A number of people at work say that the only distro that worked
with their widescreen laptops out of the box was Ubuntu. Also Jono Bacon
indicated the same when talking about the various Linux shows that he
had been to (loads of laptops running U...).

    Its just that name - for a British distro it should be called
something like Martha, big bess or Matilda. Ubuntu will never do - its
just too trendy :-)

    Is it true that debian is so called because a husband and wife team
set it up and they were called Debra and Ian? Surely not, that must be
urban myth...

    Cheers,

    Tony.