[Gloucs] Debian network install

Iain Calder iain.calder at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 14:00:36 GMT 2006

Glyn Davies wrote:

> OK. Decided to give this debian malarkey a go on my laptop to see if
> it made a better fist of the built in wireless adapter.
>
> Decided on a net install DLing
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
>

> The installer fails with
>
> [!!] load installer componetns from CD
> No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch
> between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the
> kernel version available in the archive

Install images for testing are updated daily so you could just try the
next daily build.  You could also look at the boot options (I think it's
F2 or F3) on the loader screen and make sure you are using a 2.6 kernel
(not sure if testing still defaults to 2.4, sarge certainly did), or you
could try 'expert' mode for more control over kernel/module options.

Or, as Paul suggested, install a minimal base system with the stable
release (Sarge) then apt-get dist-upgrade to testing and add all the
whizzy stuff you want.

Iain