[Gloucs] Yesterday's meeting

Mick Brooks michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 22:40:43 GMT 2006

John Kilgour wrote:

> Thank you for the presentations which I thought were very interesting.
> Sorry I missed the pub chat but I did get our new member to Cheltenham
> Station in time to catch his train WHICH WAS ON TIME!

!

I'm sorry I missed the meeting - my brain was still hurting after being
subjected to Visual Basic all day, and I couldn't face the drive.

It's a little against the grain (okay, completely off-topic), but I'll
try my luck anyway: does anybody have any tips for a Linux user stranded
in Windows? It's honestly been about 8 years since I used Windows, and
now I'm completely unproductive. What's that Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V nonsense
about? How does the world manage without multiple desktops? Where's
focus-follows-mouse?

If anyone has tips for just managing windows and files, they'd be very much
appreciated.

--
Mick Brooks
michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk