[Gloucs] Yesterday's meeting

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Wed Jan 25 09:45:41 GMT 2006

Mick Brooks wrote:

>It's a little against the grain (okay, completely off-topic), but I'll
>try my luck anyway: does anybody have any tips for a Linux user stranded
>in Windows? It's honestly been about 8 years since I used Windows, and
>now I'm completely unproductive. What's that Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V nonsense
>about? How does the world manage without multiple desktops? Where's
>focus-follows-mouse?
>
>If anyone has tips for just managing windows and files, they'd be very much
>appreciated.

Mick,

When I've grizzled in a similar style, I've been told that tweakui will
sort focus follows mouse. Appears to be a MS jobby. A Google for it
brings up plenty of stuff.

For multiple desktops there is something called ZDesk (or ZDDesk). It
kinda works but its kinda mediocre (IMHO) too.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies