[Gloucs] Next meeting...

Adam Hawkins adamhawkins at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 23:50:46 GMT 2006

Hi Guys,

What's on the agenda for the next meeting?

How about "hardware support tips".

I admit I know next to nothing about the Linux kernel, but I would love
to know how to sort out all these little errors you get at boot.
ie. SUSE 9, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 all worked fine on my laptop-everything worked
SUSE 10.... "no ACPI support in kernel"
Fedora Core 1, 2, 3 all worked fine until version 4.... "uninstalled /
missing module cpufreq".

.... and finally....  I've noticed, both on my boxes and on friends,
that after a couple of months things start showing up as "failed"
during boot even when nothing has changed from our perspective.

Is the answer quite complex or is it me just being thick.

Adam

PS. Great meeting guys. Thank you too those who organized it, I can't
wait for the next one!