[Gloucs] Next meeting...

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 18:25:37 GMT 2006

Adam Hawkins <adamhawkins at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> What's on the agenda for the next meeting?

Unfortunately we're not that organised.  I'd happily arrange another booking at the Bishops Cleeve Library if that's what people want, say in March.  Thanks to Glyn and Gareth for their demos. I was surprised at how calm I was doing my demo so I might do something else another time.  Thanks to everyone for coming along and for covering the cost of the room hire; which we did almost to the penny!

> How about "hardware support tips".

We could do a bring along and get it fixed evening.  Having purchased hardware that I know is supported well under Linux, my main system works fine.  I did however, buy a USB IrDA dongle that I still can't get working even though its supported...

> I admit I know next to nothing about the Linux kernel, but I would love
> to know how to sort out all these little errors you get at boot.

An explanation of the boot process and how to debug problems.  Anyone up for the challenge?

Someone else mentioned the possibility of doing a talking about the scripting language Ruby.  We could have a themed "introduction to scripting languages" evening!  If others were interested in doing perl, python, tcl/tk or what ever, I'd finally succumb and do bash (but I wouldn't put up a fight if someone else wanted to do that one).

So any other ideas?

Regards,
Paul