[Gloucs] what broadband providers do people use?

John Kilgour wj.kilgour at btopenworld.com
Mon Jul 3 22:13:46 BST 2006

On Monday 03 July 2006 21:10, Christian Trapp wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> had also a little problem to get started. Was the splitter which did not
> work. Another thing I read, was that the long passwords ukonline uses
> was not supported by the software  of some routers.
>
> If you call ukonline, they are very helpfull and try to solve the problems.
>
> Best regards
> Christian
Dear Andy,
I had to (on a Belkin ADSL Modem Router )
set IP address - I used 193.168.2.1
subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
set WAN connection type to PPPoA
set DHCP server to on
and some other items that my ISP told me.
then apply these changes to the Router (reboot it).

As a silly thing - check the status lights on your modem to see that you have
sync. Your account may not have yet been activated!

I hope this may help.

John Kilgour