[Gloucs] help

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Oct 4 16:05:11 BST 2006

On 10/4/06, E <case_uk at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> so to recap here's my goal :-
>
>     * Linux based server.
>     * running apache, php, mysql & ftp server.
>     * graphical interface.
>     * support external usb drive.
>     * allow printing via a brother mfc-210 printer/fax.
>
> so please can you give me some pointers, if anyone lives near
> shurdington and could pop round, i can supply coffee, beer or anything
> required.

Your requirements are absolutely clear.  Any standard distro,
including Ubuntu, will do exactly what you want, with one exception:
* the printer - I am not familiar with that model of printer, so
perhaps someone else (or a google search) can work out what you need
there

Sorry, I don't live near Shurdington.

Best, David