[Gloucs] Sorry, another question...

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 18:25:10 BST 2006

Christian Trapp wrote:

> With other words, I don't know what was the cause of the sudden death
> of the printer but it is working perfect now...

A cups update (I think) recently broke network printer access from my
kid's Ubuntu machines to our shared debian machine with the printer. I
messed around for ages trying to fix things manually. Then I noticed
the printer manager GUI had a "scan for network printer" like option, I
clicked on this and the printers were automatically configured
and work perfectly!  There's a lesson (for me) in there somewhere....

Paul
P.S. I have the feeling I'll recounted this story to the list before so
apologies if I have.