[Gloucs] A word of warning

David and Sharon david.sharon-copsegreenfarm at farming.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 21:28:38 BST 2006

Thanks Christian,

I always have home directory in a seperate partition, which is handy
when changing distros and also means that apart from having to change
permissions on some directories, my desktop etc. remains the same even
after a full reinstall.

I also make use of Kanotix (http://kanotix.com/) as a live cd, to access
the hard drive and also chroot to whatever is on the drive to sort out
problems like missing bootloaders!

It does remain a mystery though, how window$ can completely mess up a
perfectly good system to the extent of disabling DMA,  relabelling a
fat32 disk as 'linux' and changing drive numbers.  Unless of course this
is a precurser of hardware failure(?).

David