[Gloucs] (no subject)

Chris Smith maximinus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:08:52 BST 2007

I'm not a formal Ubuntu expert but I've been using Linux since 1998 and *nix
since 1995 and comfortable solving a variety of computer problems (it's what
I've done all my life, anyhow). I'm perfectly willing to pop down and take a
look one afternoon / evening (hey - if only to play with nice hardware ;-) )

Unfortunatly weekdays are out for me (work duties etc...) but weekends and
evenings are good. Let me know how you're getting on...

Chris

On 8/10/07, LC Corporation <lccorp at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I am re-sending this as it doesn't appear to have made it through the last
> couple of times I sent it for some odd reason.
>
> I'm looking for some help on an Ubuntu Server LTS install I'm attempting
> on
> a new rack server - I'm really stuck!This is my first install of any *nix
> variation but since every option I try leads to a blank flashing cursor in
> the top left of the screen (and no error message) I'm afraid I am a little
> light on errors I can give you guys to work with.
>
> Since I can't provide you with error codes or messages, I think it may be
> time to call in a professional. Does anybody have recommendations for a
> Ubuntu expert in the Stroud area that does on site? And also any
> recommendations on the cost of a simple server install (once it is up and
> running, I'll probably be back here but first things first!)?
>
> Or even better – is anyone on the list interested in spending an afternoon
> playing with some nice hardware and drinking beer/wine etc!
>
> Many thanks in advance
>

> _______________________________
> Ian Lyte
>
> LC Corporation Limited
> DDL : +44 (0)1453 835 887
> Fax : +44 (0)1453 835 887
> Email : lccorp at btinternet.com
>

> WARNING: The contents of this E-mail may contain information that is
> legally
> privileged and/or confidential to the named recipient. This information is
> not to be used by any other person and/or organisation. All prices quoted
> exclude Freight and are subject to our Terms and Conditions of Trade. All
> prices EXCLUDE VAT. The views expressed in this document do not
> necessarily
> reflect those of the LC Corporation Limited. E&OE.

Science is open source religion