[Gloucs] August Meeting

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 14:45:32 BST 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 11:29:41PM +0100, Glyn Davies wrote:

> We've tried recording them on a digital camera. Suffice to say that
> quality wasn't good. Main problem was it was all too dark. I guess a
> proper video camera would have made a better job of it.
>
> Any luggers attending tomorrow that fancy their chances as a film maker,
> please bring your camera and have a go.
>
> We'll discuss tomorrow to see if anyone is willing to take this on (or
> buy me a camera :) ).

My brother has just bought the 20GB version of these [1], and it looks
rather cool. So cool in fact I'm looking at getting one myself. The 20GB
versions are going for around £150 on eBay, and will do around 24 hours
at basic quality.

[1] http://www.jvc.co.uk/product-list.php?id=100094

The only problem is coverting the result to a view format you could post
to YouTube or similar. It takes bloody ages ;)

I have my camera with me and it takes very reasonable video, and can
handle upto about 45minutes on the 2GB card and 20mins on the 1GB. How
long are the talks going to be?

I now have PiTiVi installed on Ubuntu, but haven't had the time to
transfer current videos, so I can't guarantee when I'd be able to get
them online.

Note to self, must buy decent tripod :)

Cheers,
Barbie.