[Gloucs] August Meeting

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Aug 20 23:29:58 BST 2007

Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 04:27:42PM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:30:03 +0100, glynd at walmore.com said:
>>

>>> The next GlosLUG meeting will be on Tuesday August 21st at Message Labs,
>>> Gloucester.
>>>
>> That's a shame: I wanted to come along but I something else on.
>>
>> One thing the Hants LUG do - which is very well received by the group - is
>> to video the talks and make them available after. Has anyone considered
>> doing that here? I don't know the full details of exactly how they do it,
>> but I can find out if someone wants to know.
>>

> We used to tape using my 4x3 Sony DV handycam. Now Tony uses a 16:9 DV cam
> so we are nearing the 21st century with widescreen, maybe we will go HDTV in
> a few year ;)
>
> Then the videos are processed as per Tonys guide:-
>
> http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/cgi-local/wiki.pl?UsefulNotes/LugTalkVideos
>
> This covers pretty much everything.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

We've tried recording them on a digital camera. Suffice to say that
quality wasn't good. Main problem was it was all too dark. I guess a
proper video camera would have made a better job of it.

Any luggers attending tomorrow that fancy their chances as a film maker,
please bring your camera and have a go.

We'll discuss tomorrow to see if anyone is willing to take this on (or
buy me a camera :) ).

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies