[Gloucs] PiTiVi - Video Editing

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 09:14:52 BST 2007

Hi all,

The Open Source video editing suite that I mentioned last night is
called PiTiVi [1,2]. Although I haven't had a chance to use it yet, it
looks like it can do basic cutting, as Tony was doing last night, or you
can do more complex things such as importing other audio tracks and
such.

If you're running Ubuntu/Debian there is a deb package for it, and I
would guess there is an rpm for it too. Or if you want the cutting edge
version, then they have a subversion repository you can get it from.

[1] http://www.pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PiTiVi

Cheers,
Barbie.