[Gloucs] VoIP- back to square one.

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Wed Dec 5 20:45:56 GMT 2007

Gerd Busker wrote:
> Andrew Oakley wrote:
>> I'm looking at getting an ATA myself. Currently I am considering the
>> Linksys SPA3102 as this has both an FXO and FXS port.
> I had a grandstream ATA which was complete rubbish.  The replacement
> Linksys SPA3102 is brilliant (I've got 2).

How difficult is it to get traditional analogue phones (DECT or soforth)
to display the Caller ID from the PSTN incoming from the SPA3102's FXO port?

Ideally I'd like the ATA to be completely transparent. My wife should
get all the BT PSTN features that she associates with our normal DECT
phones, such as Caller ID, I should get a cheaper phone bill, and we
should use our normal DECT phones for both BT/PSTN and VOIP->PSTN calls.
No separate handsets for VOIP calls, just re-route it at the ATA.

(And for those wondering about on-topicness, the Linksys runs Linux and
is flash upgradable to alternative open-source firmwares.)

--
Andrew Oakley