[Gloucs] That SPA921 again !

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 23 11:42:48 GMT 2007

Hi Quentin and Andrew.

Firstly,  I have my own wired link from the BT line, which comes in
downstairs,  to my  "shack" upstairs.
It has a whole string of splitters for the downstairs telephone and FAX
machine,  more splitters and  filters upstairs.

This lot is due to be ripped out in February due to building work.
I stall move over to a separate BT line, currently not in use, but which
has the appropriate master socket.

I will be glad to have your experiences when you set up your SPA921 phones.

My requirement is for  a SIP link between here and my daughter who lives
near Tipperary (it's a long way ) !
I don't want it to depend on my computer system other than to share the
Netgear  ADSL Modem/Router.
The other end has Windows,  so I don't want to touch that.  I will
supply another Netgear ADSL Router.

I have not got the phone to work sufficiently to do anything useful !

OK on the DHCP default.  At present, it won't let me  configure the
phone using my browser,  and I have
a password problem when using the "set-up"  button.

Best regards to all,

Geoff