[Gloucs] That SPA921 again !

Quentin Wright q at qwright.myzen.co.uk
Sun Dec 23 18:00:42 GMT 2007

Geoff Bagley wrote:
> Quentin Wright wrote:
>> Hi Geoff,
>>
>> Why can't you configure the phone using a browser?
>> It should pick up an address from your router and display the address
>> at the bottom of the screen.
>> Can't you browse to it?
>> .. or can't you get in with admin/admin?

> The latter.  I get an address  (192.168.0.3),  but the telephone keeps
> resetting to DHCP  (the default).
> I also have password and username problems.
> Do these need setting first (in the phone)  or should I also be able
> to configure them via the browser ?
>
> I am trying again,  doing a "factory reset" first.
> What is the factory reset username and password ?
>
> Also,  when I enter alphabetic characters via the keypad,  are "abc"
> all the same,  or should I operate it
> like  an  SMS message on a cell-phone  e.g.  press  key 2 three times
> for "c"  ?

I don't understand what you mean about the phone resetting to dhcp,
that's what you'd expect it to do.
When you've got the address you should be able to browse to it using
http://192.168.2.3, then you should be presented with a login screen and
you should use the defaults of user admin and password admin.
I can't remember whether you hold the keys on the keypad down or press
them repeatedly, but you should expect to do all configuration through
the browser.