[Gloucs] Setting up SPA921 on keypad.

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Mon Dec 24 12:03:30 GMT 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:19:01 +0000, geoff.bagley at btinternet.com said:

> Can anyone tell me does this phone HAVE to have password entered,  even
> should anyone else be
> permitted to use it  (like family members) ?  Or does this merely affect
> administration ?

I can only answer for the SPA941, but I suspect the answers will be the
same. No, a password does not have to be entered. I don't know what you
mean by "even should anyone else be permitted to use it".

> Should the settings (such as the date and time )  "crash"  if the power
> is switched off ?
> I would expect system settings to be non-volatile.

The settings are non-volatile.

> Some configuration items  (such as current IP,  etc)  need alpha numeric
> entries,  but  the option is not available.

Hit the setup button and then the '9' key and read the current IP address,
and then browse to it with a web browser. If you can't do that, or don't
want to, you can enter periods in the IP address using the hash key. There
is a way of toggling between numberic and alphabetic input from the
'phone's keyboard which I've read about on the Internet, but - sorry - I
forget where. "Use a web browser" is by far the easiest way.

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds