[Gloucs] Setting up SPA921 on keypad.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 24 12:23:45 GMT 2007

Hi Keith.
My comments embedded below :

(Kieth) :I can only answer for the SPA941, but I suspect the answers
will be the same.
(Geoff) : That is what I would guess.

(Keith):  No, a password does not have to be entered.

(Geoff) : I meant that I would wish any member of the family to use it
without needing to enter a password.
> I don't know what you
> mean by "even should anyone else be permitted to use it".

I would only expect it for "admin" use.

>> Should the settings (such as the date and time )  "crash"  if the power
>> is switched off ?
>> I would expect system settings to be non-volatile.
>>

> The settings are non-volatile.

(Geoff):    I had mine crash -  I guess it was still in the admin mode.
Now I can't get the router to "see" it.  I'll try a factory reset and
start again from scratch.
>  Some configuration items  (such as current IP,  etc)  need alpha numeric
> entries,  but  the option is not available.
>

> Hit the setup button and then the '9' key and read the current IP address,
> and then browse to it with a web browser. If you can't do that, or don't
> want to, you can enter periods in the IP address using the hash key. There
> is a way of toggling between numberic and alphabetic input from the
> 'phone's keyboard which I've read about on the Internet, but - sorry - I
> forget where. "Use a web browser" is by far the easiest way.
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith.

Sorry about that double posting -  Some of my kind helpers belong to
one,  and some to the other list.
I am not sure whether there are many who are on both.

I think that this (Gloucester) list has a majority of  VoIP  users.

I attended a very good lecture down there on  VoIP/Trixbax/Asterix etc.
It whetted my apetite,  but didn't all sink in !

Happy Christmas.

Geoff