[Gloucs] Southern Electric crummy website

Richard Dawe rich at phekda.gotadsl.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 13:23:43 BST 2007

Hello.

Glyn Davies wrote:
> Yo all.
>
> Does anyone get any success with this website on Linux?
>
> http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/
>
> The main page just looks 'a bit wrong'. Click on the 'Read my Bill' link
> and I just get a blank screen with grass at the bottom (the real web
> page underneath does flash up briefly).
>
> Just wondering if it just my setup (Firefox + Adobe FlashPlayer 9) or
> whether its a genuine penguin hating site.
>
> I have contacted them about it. It used to work.

I had a similar issue with Facebook -- Flash ads hiding the content. I
"solved" that problem by installing the Flashblock add-on for Firefox
<http://flashblock.mozdev.org/>. It replaces Flash content with a button
you can click on, if you want the Flash to run.

HTH,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"You just amass stuff while you are alive. It's like stuff washed up
 on a beach somewhere, and that somewhere is you." -- Damien Hirst