[Gloucs] SAMBA printing funnies (but I'm not laughing)

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Thu Mar 22 08:34:28 GMT 2007

Glyn, you need to provide some solid information:

> In truth it appears that
> maybe 1 in 5 prints make it through or that things completely lock up
> for a while.

Which is it?

> As far as I can tell, its SAMBA talking to lpd via
> /etc/printcap. Sorry to be a bit vague here

You need to find out, or at least post a decommented smb.conf.

> As an aside, the printers display permission denied (or some such)

No, we need to know what the message is.

There are, I'm sure, people here who can help you, but you don't appear to
even know what the symptoms of your problem are. You might want to read

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds