[Gloucs] Oct/Nov/Dec meetings

Graham Nye graham.nye at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 00:46:21 BST 2007

William Rendell wrote:

> I am very new to Linux and joined the Glos user group last week, will I be
> able to attend the meetings?

That's largely down to whether you can find the venue; there's no
qualifying period before you are allowed to come.

Andrew Oakley wrote:

> Seminar Room 1, MessageLabs
> 1240 Lansdown Court, Gloucester Business Park, Gloucester GL3 4AB
>
> Map [PDF]: http://tinyurl.com/zt7h5

That link lead me to the MessageLabs home page. It should point to
http://www.messagelabs.com/files/all/gloucester_map_5.pdf
(perhaps the version number has been bumped?)

I found those instructions a little vague on my first visit.
There is another roundabout after the last one shown on that
map. It's actually square. You enter at the middle of one
side and you need to take the exit at the middle of the next
side. Drive between two buildings into a courtyard and park
in one of the spaces.

The building in front of you as you entered the courtyard is
the one you want. The entrance is to the left of the road in.
You need to wave at the security guard through the glass door
then tell them you are there for the Linux meeting.

Hopefully the following Google Maps link will make it clearer.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=51.848113,-2.178217&spn=0.002363,0.005021&t=h&z=18&om=1
(That should be a single line.)

The building you want is the centre one on the left of the
courtyard. You can zoom out to see the route in.

--
Graham Nye
graham at thenyes.org.uk