[Gloucs] Automount CD/DVDs, but not iPod?

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Wed Oct 31 09:47:00 GMT 2007

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06LTS, which has gnome-volume-manager set to
automount removable drives/media. This is great for CDs and DVDs which I
always want to mount when inserted.

However, when I connect my iPod, it is usually because I want to charge
it through USB power, and only occasionally do I want it mounted to
transfer files. I'd like to manually mount it at my discretion, but
instead gnome-volume-manager automounts it. It's a total paint to have
to unmount/eject it when I just want to grab it and run out of the door.

How can I configure my system to automount CDs and DVDs, but NOT iPods,
please?

Googling for "automount ipod" tells me a great deal about how to enable
iPod automounting, but not how to disable it without also disabling
CD/DVD automounting.

--
Andrew Oakley