[Gloucs] Automount CD/DVDs, but not iPod?

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Wed Oct 31 13:02:32 GMT 2007

Paul Broadhead wrote:
> Select Desktop->preferences->"Removable drives and media", then on the
> storage tab, uncheck "Mount removable drives when hot-plugged". That
> should stop the ipod auto-mounting.

Sort of. Thanks, but that's not what I'm after.

That still puts the iPod into "do not disconnect" mode, but doesn't
actually mount the iPod storage. That's half-way to what I want; I want
it to not say "do not disconnect" when attached.

Also the method above prevents my USB card reader from auto-mounting
memory cards; I still want these auto-mounted, just not the iPod.

I'm guessing there must be some underlying config file along the lines
of /etc/fstab that I need to modify, since gnome-volume-manager seems to
classify all USB storage devices as the same. So far, I've learned that
it is NOT /etc/fstab... ;-)

--
Andrew Oakley