[Gloucs] Big brother ... kinda!

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Feb 25 14:07:32 GMT 2008

Max wrote:

>    I wouldn't sound so surprised but for that fact that the machine running the client was
> a 128 Mb Pentium 2, before I started 120 Mb was in use and yet it was responsive.

I am not surprised.  I first used VNC over a 128 kbps serial cable
link from a 150 Mhz Pentium with 32 MB RAM.  It was fine as I recall,
and I think it even ran 2 X servers and 2 instances of Netscape 4 at
the same time as VNC, but I don't think VNC would have coped too well
with the 28 kbps dial-up line I had at the time.

Good luck with the broadband NATs.

Best, David
--
David Corking, Project Manager