[Gloucs] Details From The Talk On Monotone And Glade/Perl/Gtk2 GUIs

Iain Calder iain.calder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:58:53 GMT 2008

On 16/01/2008, Barbie <barbie at missbarbell.co.uk> wrote:

> Tony,
>
> I've installed Glade on Ubuntu, but I always get the problem you
> initially got when you started the demo. I click on New for a new
> project, select either of the two types and although it loads the
> Properties, Palette and Widget Tree, the Design Area is missing.
>
> Seeing as there is no way to design anything without the Design Area,
> this would seem to be bit of a major bug. Any ideas whether this is a
> configuration issue, or something that needs reporting?
>
> Cheers,
> Barbie.

Hello Barbie,

Unfortunately I missed Tony's talk, but from what I remember you have to
start by choosing a top-level widget, e.g. a Window or a Dialog, and then
you can add other widgets to it.

If you install glade-gnome you can start by choosing a 'Gnome Application
Window' widget to get a window with a menubar etc.

Iain