[Gloucs] Wireless driver problem

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Fri Jul 4 23:35:20 BST 2008

Iain Calder wrote:
> 2008/6/30 Matthew Booth <mbooth at redhat.com>:
>

>> If nothing stands out, you said you already did a make clean so my next
>> step would be to delete the whole checkout, its directory and everything in
>> it, then check it out again. That way there's no possibility of a leak from
>> an old build. After that, you might have to consider slaughtering chickens
>> by the light of a full moon.
>>

> For some modules (e.g. the v4l Linux video drivers), a 'make distclean'
> works wonders when changing kernel versions.

Thanks everyone for your help.

However, the other day without any further investigation it just started
working. Well, the first I knew of it was when the machine booted. It
took longer than usual. I know this as when the Ubuntu drums sounded I
was slightly surprised as I had thought the laptop have finished booting
ages ago. boots as normal now.

So, I guess the most likely cause was 'me' doing something wrong but I
have been doing this now for over a year's worth of kernel updates so
I've no idea what.

I guess you live and learn nowt.

Thanks again for the help. Shame the 'solution' was so dull.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies