[Gloucs] July GlosLUG meeting

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sun Jul 13 13:12:06 BST 2008

Sorry for the late notice to the list. The early third Tuesday in the
month caught me a bit by surprise.

The next GlosLUG meeting will be on Tuesday July 15th at Message Labs,
Gloucester.

This month this Iain Calder will talk on "Mono - a better .Net"

The Mono project <http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page> produces a very
good open-source implementation of parts of the .Net framework (mainly
the CLR runtime engine, C# compiler and class libraries).

Readily available on your favourite Linux distro, I will look at what's
in Mono, why I think it is 'better' than .Net, and why you might want to
consider developing with it.

C# examples will include working with native libraries, implementing a
simple web service client, and a GUI developed using Glade/Gtk.

IronPython will also briefly be covered.

More details can be found at the GlosLUG website
(http://www.gloucs.lug.org.uk)

Usual agenda.

6pm - Free wifi, coffee and chat
7pm - Talks start
9pm - Finish
9pm on - Pub

The venue is:

Seminar Room 1
MessageLabs Centre Of Excellence
Lansdown Court, Gloucester Business Park
Gloucester GL3 4AB

Map [PDF]: http://tinyurl.com/zt7h5

This is about 10 minutes walk from the very new and very large
out-of-town Tescos in Brockworth. Stagecoach bus route number 10.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies