[Gloucs] Old WordPerfect files

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 7 12:00:47 UTC 2008

My sincere thanks for the several replies to my query.
I have been able to load and  format  a WP51 file using both Kate
(result in .txt)  and OpenOffice
(result in .odt).  In both cases there was a lot of editing and pruning
to do.

I think that the Corel version of WordPerfect was not backwards
compatible -
at least, the one I tried a few years ago was not.

How about a "reveal codes"  option on modern word processors ?

Best regards to all,

Geoff.