[Gloucs] Open Office Impress

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sun Apr 12 22:22:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:07:15 +0100, geoff.bagley at btinternet.com said:

> I have never met, Micro$oft power point.  I don't think it existed when
> I last used Windo$e.

OT: the first version of PowerPoint came out in 1991 or 1992. I remember
seeing a presentation done using it, and I went to the presentation as much
to see PowerPoint as to see the subject of the presentation (which, even
more OT, was PC networking in the pre-Windows for Workgroups days when you
had to buy and install the network stack separately). Nowadays the
smartest presenters don't use slides at all save for charts, graphs and
pictures: that way, the audience actually listens to the presenter...

Keith