[Gloucs] Remote control

Paul pauldwilliams at o2.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 10:57:26 UTC 2009

Hi guys, I came along to my first LUG meeting on Tuesday and wanted to thank
you for making me welcome. The session on remote control apps was particularly
interesting and timely given my query below.

Although I've scanned the latest LUG e-mails I thought I'd ask your collective
views on which Linux/Windows remote control application would be best for the
following scenario:

My farther-in-law is a newbie at Windows (XP) and occasionally asks me to help
resolve problems with his Windows system.

Although I've been using Linux for a few years now I'm still a relative newbie
and am currently running Mandriva 2009 Spring Free (2009.1).

I'd like to be able to remote control my father-in-law's windows PC from my
Linux system, what would you recommend?

regards

Paul