[Gloucs] Gtk+ Documentation

aecooper at coosoft.plus.com aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Sun Feb 15 19:49:57 UTC 2009

A few months back I gave a talk on Perl/Gtk2. I made the comment that it
was a great toolkit but a pity that there was nothing more than a terse
reference manual.

Well it seems that someone has been writing a 400 page book on the
subject! This seems to be available to buy (the cheek of it! considering
that it covers LGPL stuff and a lot of freely available info.....).
However someone has posted a PDF of the book on the web, I'm not sure of
the legalities of this but it looks really good:

http://home.cs.tum.edu/~siegel/files/tog2dg.pdf

This seems to address the many `ok so how to I put all this together?'
questions. Although it is for C programmers, this is still very useful for
Perl programmers as it is simple to convert to the Perlish syntax,
especially when the bindings come with nearly complete reference
documentation.

Tony.