[Gloucs] Lustre / asterisk

Gerdjan Busker busker at busker.org
Sat Feb 21 10:19:45 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I hear I've missed yet more good talks :(

Is anyone interested in asterisk?  We've recently got rid of our
landlines and apart from the reliance on our ADSL connection this seems
to work well.   I could tell you about this.  We've done a menu, several
extensions, answerphone, a meeting room where you can park calls and
more importantly a magic key to record conversations (yes, unethical and
never used in real life!).

Also I've been closely involved with a lustre installation which
achieves in excess of 4GB/s R/W speeds.  using DDN storage (200TB),
separate meta data, 10x dual path 10GE attached file servers using OSPF
for routing.

Are these subjects of interest for a talk?

Cheers,

Gerd.