[Gloucs] Download rates.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 29 13:28:18 UTC 2009

Steve King wrote:
>> This week-end,  I have had to move my computers to another room,  and
>> the phone line was re-routed but using the same master socket.
>>

> Did you move the filter?

I have an impressive collection of HI/LO pass filters for separating
ADSL.  They all look the same,  and were all made in China.
The ones I have tried all give the same speed.
I cannot be certain which was my original one.

> Does your router report a different connection rate now?

The speeds I observe are off the screen when using apt-get.
I don't think my router gives this info,  but will check.

>> I now get only 150 kB/s.
>>
>> I can't find any good reason here.  I am beginning to suspect that
>> btinternet decided to "spread it more thinly" over a larger number of
>> new ADSL subscribers !
>
> Sometimes suppliers maybe "try it on" just to see if the customer notices.

That has crossed my mind,  but what a coincidence.

Best regards,

Geoff