[Gloucs] Frustrate their knavish tricks.

Graham Nye glug at thenyes.org.uk
Thu Mar 26 22:36:35 UTC 2009

Andrew Oakley wrote:

> I also use a Firefox addon to prevent Javascript running, however by
> default I let it run Javascript and only block scripts on demand for
> particularly agressive sites.
>
> NoScript can block both Java and Javascript:

I also use Noscript with Firefox, on both Linux and Windows.

Noscript lets you control scripting per site so it's
more flexible than just turning off Java/Javascript
in your browser.

As Geoff is interested in preventing advertisers tracking
your browsing he might also be interested in AdBlock/
Adblock+. (As adverts are typically served from
dedicated advertising sites they can bypass the normal
restrictions on reading cookies from different sites
and hence track your browsing activity.)

--
Graham Nye
glug at thenyes.org.uk