[Gloucs] Bad Karma

Sean Keeney seany at seanyseansean.com
Tue Nov 17 11:00:03 UTC 2009

The Ubuntu biannual releases are fantastic as long as you do a reinstall,
not an upgrade. Just stick your /home directory on its own partition and
you're good to go.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with KK - if we're going to use
anecdotal evidence as proof it's broken then I can use it to prove it's
brilliant. My work laptop works out of the box with the most difficult
hardware ever - some weird ATI Mobility graphics, Broadcom wireless, even
the hot keys and wireless toggles just work.

Remember the init script and udev stuff has changed radically in recent
kernels, I can't imagine how hard that would be to cater for in an upgrade
situation. Just reinstall and be done with it.

Sean