[Gloucs] KDE problems.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 28 11:17:47 UTC 2009

Thanks to all who replied.

I can report that the suggested method worked !  I went back to Lenny,
deleted all references to KDE,  and re-installed.
It worked - I now have a nice clean functional desktop  (unsuitable for
artistic people ).

I too would not wish to use Gnome.
The main advantage would be usability and not having to fight through
all the layers of eye-candy.
XFCE might be an option.

I need a computer for programming, not for painters and decorators.

I still have the problem that started this "crisis".  My son wants to
use youtube and all the modern stuff.
It was my attempt to remedy this shortage  (whilst avoiding
non-Stalman-esque stuff )  that resulted in getting
lumbered with KDE4.

Cheers,

Geoff