[Gloucs] KDE problems.

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 28 11:57:04 UTC 2009

 On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:20:24AM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied.
>
> I can report that the suggested method worked !  I went back to Lenny,
> deleted all references to KDE,  and re-installed.
> It worked - I now have a nice clean functional desktop  (unsuitable for
> artistic people ).

Good :)

> I still have the problem that started this "crisis".  My son wants to
> use youtube and all the modern stuff.

Give him a laptop / machine running Ubuntu - and let him manage it -
he'll learn, you'll still have the skills to help him administer it -
and when he's ready / tires of the limited software available in stock
Ubuntu, he'll run Debian :)

Netbook with Ubuntu Netbook Remix, Adobe Flash and Firefox works fine
for all of Google / Youtube and the BBC iPlayer. It's not fully DFSG
Free - but then nor are the formats you're trying to play.

All best,

AndyC