[Gloucs] SPA3102, SIP and Saynoto0870

Dale Stringfellow thedss at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 09:30:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

    I am not sure of any providers which do that.

I have a question about saynoto0870.  Can a list be downloaded, or do you have
to search for each number?

If one could obtain a list, that list could be stored on an Asterisk, and
Asterisk used to do the translation.

Two methods worth exploring, but the first one perhaps not efficient enough.

Using Asterisk, when an 08 number is dialled, Asterisk executes an AGI script
which posts the 08 number to the saynoto0870 site, and then parses the result
to retrieve the geographic number.  Then dials the geographic number.

The other method would be more efficient.  Have the Asterisk box download a
full list (if saynotot0870 provide one) periodically.  The list is then
imported in to a database.

When an 08 number is dialled, Asterisk queries the local database and dials
the geographic number associated.

So, basically, rather than rely on a particular ITSP to do any translations
(if one exists), you can create the service yourself quite easy and cheaply,
and you keep the freedom to choose your ITSP.

If required, I can supply pre-configured Asterisk boxes using small low power
consumption embedded servers from £300.