[Gloucs] Flash....

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Sun Jul 11 13:35:41 UTC 2010

I am probably completely missing the point (only kept half an eye out on
the mailing list). But....

I am running Debian Lenny and the free flash as you say is pretty
useless for the more advanced iplayery type stuff so I disabled the
plugin in firefox under tools->addons->plugins.

I then went to the adobe and downloaded the tgz variant from here
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

and then simply copied the .so file into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
(alternatively ~.mozilla/plugins if you prefer).

Restart and away you go.

Although it still works better under windows as the windows one imposes
less of a load on the system and is less inclined to judder.

Hope this helps.

Tony.