[Gloucs] Red Hat alternative

John Patrick nhoj.patrick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 19:33:58 UTC 2010

evening,

I'm contracting back in Gloucester again so thought I'ld rejoin the list.

The project I've joined is using Apache running on Red Hat, what would
people suggest I install so I get more comfortable with red hat, either
Fedora or CentOS?

I've been using Solaris and Debian/Ubuntu for the past few years so my rpm
skills and setup is a bit rusty. I'll be installing what people suggest
inside VMWare Fusion on a Mac Book Pro, not sure if that will alter people
thoughts.

I basically want to get comfortable with installing, configuring,
maintaining the os as well as setting up apache running multiple instances,
some in different run users, some as nobody, etc. Basically get comfortable
with using it...

John